Technology should not always be viewed as a threat to children. Overexposure is bad. Lack of parental controls is bad. And the total restriction from using tech and not teaching kids how to use the computer can also be bad as the younger generation is expected to acquire tech skills early in their life. Of course, you can buy plenty of useful toys like the ones reviewed on StarWalkKids website. In addition to this, it is imperative to expose children to tech.
- Technology can be used to increase the spatial awareness in kids. Concepts that are difficult to imagine or perceive from 2-dimensional images can easily be taught with the help of tech.
- Like most schools today use technology tools as learning aids, introducing kids to tech from a young age ensures their school readiness.
- There are plenty of strategy games and puzzles in the smartphones that could help teach children problem-solving These also encourage children to think outside the box.
- Making use of the apps designed especially for the toddlers and preschool kids makes it easy to improve the hand-eye
- Teaching the names of different objects, animals, birds etc., is very simple with the help of technology. Parents could show slides and digital flashcards to help kids learn new words and build their vocabulary.
- Technology in the form of smartphones can be great to help kids learn on the go. Even a long train ride or a car travel can be made an engaging learning experience with the internet.
- At a young age when the attention span is very fewer children can be motivated to complete their tasks with the help of the visually appealing interfaces on most apps designed for kids.
- Children can learn to sharpen their pronunciations and also get better at storytelling with the right choice of smartphone apps.